The Berkey light is a lightweight see-thru unit designed for indoor or outdoor use. It uses the same two Black Berkey filters as all of the stainless steel models. Some people like it for being lightweight while others enjoy being able to see water levels inside.
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak Berkey filters are either in short supply or sold out. This model is the most available today. It is also the one we personally use. Please use the Contact Form below to check for availability.
Note: Due to current state law restrictions we regret that the Berkey purifier systems cannot be sold in the states of California or Iowa at this time.
FREE SHIPPING In The Continental U.S.
Most Berkey products ship within 5 business days, longer during holidays or disasters.
For International Shipping Call for a Quote
The Berkey Light® System is a lightweight unit designed for use during outdoor activities such as camping, hunting, traveling, and during unexpected emergencies.
- All Berkey Products are held to the highest standard
- This Berkey Light® System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements but can be expanded up to 4 elements
- Constructed of a non-BPA/BPS co-polyester, which does not retain or leach any foul odors into your water
- Storage capacity of about 2.75 gallons (10.4 liters)
- Maximum filters: 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- Includes upper and lower chambers, a base, 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (expandable to 4), 2 washers, 2 wingnuts, 1 priming button, 1 spigot, 1 cloth lid
- Height when in use: 21" (when used without base); 26.5" (with base)
- Weight: 6lbs empty
- Diameter: 9"
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-5 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 100-200 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Berkey Light® System can produce up to 4 gallons (15.2 liters) of purified water per hour
- Configured with 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Berkey Light® System can produce up to 7 gallons (26.5 liters) of purified water per hour
- Up to 4 Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
Berkey Light® systems are made and assembled in the USA.
*Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
Use and Care
No need for expensive disposable filters. Black Berkey® purification elements are re-cleanable. When the flow rate decreases simply brush the Black Berkey® purification elements with a ScotchBrite® pad under running water, reinstall and your system is again ready to purify water. Each durable and efficient purification element will last for up to 3,000 gallons (6,000 gallons per pair) and provide years of efficient water purification. What's more, the unique Black Berkey® purification elements are self-sterilizing.
$$ Savings Tip
Never buy bottled water again.
It is difficult to put a dollar amount on bottled water consumption and land fill fees for disposal due to different personal habits and geographical differences.
It should be obvious that you are already paying for your water from a municipal service or private well. Why pay more by buying bottled water? Berkey Filters will keep you safe and save you money.