Black Berkey Primer
Black Berkey Primers were created for the water purist. You do not have to have one of these to prime your Black Berkey filter. You can do that with any municipal water tap. When you use your kitchen or bathroom faucet to prime your filters you are forcing water to flush the filter from the inside out. Some people are not comfortable with that.
Some Berkey water users would prefer to flush their filters from the outside in, which causes the flushed water to become filtered. If you are one of these people you should have a Black Berkey Primer to prime new filters or dry filters that have been in storage.
If you are okay using municipal water one time only to prime your Black Berkey filters then you don't need one of these. If you want to keep all water pure that comes out of your filter then you should have a Black Berkey Primer.
- A hand priming pump that makes it possible to prime Black Berkey Purification Elements offline, without the need for faucets or hose connections. Priming the Black Berkey Purification Elements saturates the filters with water prior to their use, allowing for clean water production anywhere
- If you have a small sink or short faucet, the Black Berkey Primer makes it easy to prime your Black Berkey Purification Elements
- The Black Berkey primer also purges(or back-flushes) the Black Berkey Purification Elements using air instead of water to clean the pores of the compressed carbon filter wall. Purging the Black BerkeyPurification Elements cleans the pores of debris that has accumulated with use and reduces the time and effort needed to dry the filters prior to storing them
- Specifically designed for use with the Black Berkey Purification Elements
- May be cleaned with mild soap and warm water. Do not microwave the Black Berkey Primer
- Store in a cool dry place and keep out of direct sunlight
Fittings for each end of the bulb