Sport Berkey Portable Water Purifier
The Sport Berkey® Portable Water Purifier gives you the ability to take Berkey® purification power with you wherever you go. It’s the ideal personal protection traveling companion. 22 Oz. bottle.
This unit is perfect for anyone hiking or biking who doesn't want to carry that extra drinking water weight. Stop at any stream, lake, or other water source, fill it up, drink what you need and keep on going.
Shipping is an additional $6.80
Ships in 1-2 business days
The Sport Berkey® Portable Water Purifier is the ideal personal protection traveling companion - featuring the IONIC ADSORPTION MICRO FILTRATION SYSTEM. The theory behind this innovation is simple. The bottle's filter is designed to remove and/or dramatically reduce a vast array of health-threatening contaminants from questionable sources of water, including remote lakes and streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries where regulations may be sub-standard at best.
- IONIC ADSORPTION MICRO FILTRATION
- This advanced technology was developed, refined, and proven through diligent, investigative research and testing performed by water purification specialists, researchers and engineers. The media within the filter element removes contaminants by a surface phenomenon known as "adsorption" which results from the molecular attraction of substances to the surface of the media. As the bottle is pressed, the source water is forced through the filter. The quality and volume of media used, determine the rate of adsorption. The flow rate or time of exposure through the filter has been calculated to yield the greatest volume removal of toxic chemicals caused by pollution from industry and agriculture. This exclusive filter element is impregnated with proprietary "absorbing" media that promotes IONIC "absorption" of pollutants within the micro-porous element, such as aluminum, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead, mercury, and other dangerous heavy metals.
- The "Tortuous Path" structure of these pores gives it its unique characteristics. The Sport Berkey® Portable Water Purifier offers a convenient and portable filtration system using medical grade technology.
- The Sport Berkey® Portable Water Purifier Eliminates or Reduces up to 99.9% of:
- * Unpleasant taste and odors, cloudiness, silt, sediment and chlorine.
- * Toxic chemicals: Trihalomethanes, VOCs, detergents, pesticides, etc.
- * Harmful microscopic pathogens: Cryptosporidium, Giardia, E-coli >99.99999% and other pathogenic bacteria.
- * Heavy metals: Aluminum, Cadmium, Chromium, Copper, Lead, and Mercury.
- * Radiologicals: Radon 2
Use and Care
Fill the Sport Berkey® Portable Water Purifier with water, screw on cap and tighten securely to eliminate leaks. Flush water through filter by pulling down lever, so that straw is exposed, and squeeze water through filter & out the straw. Repeat this flushing process twice before drinking. This removes excess process dust from the filter. After 2 flushes, rinse the bottle & cap. Your filter bottle is now ready for use. Enjoy!
Maintenance and Storage
The Sport Berkey® Portable Water Purifier has a shelf life of 50 years. When the filter system will not be used for an extended period, flush the unit with a chlorinated solution of 1/4 tsp. per one half gallon of water. Allow to dry thoroughly with bottom cap removed. Re-assemble and stow. Do not allow filter to freeze, do not place in microwave oven and do not run hot water through the filter.