Sport Berkey® Replacement Element
Straw type replacement element for sport purification bottle.
Note: Due to current state law restrictions we regret that the Berkey purifier systems cannot be sold in the states of California or Iowa at this time.
Shipping cost is an additional $6.80 and ships in 7-10 business days
The Sport Berkey® replacement purification elements feature the IONIC ADSORPTION MICRO FILTRATION SYSTEM. This filter is designed to remove and/or dramatically reduce a vast array of health-threatening contaminants from questionable sources of water, including remote lakes and streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries where regulations may be sub-standard at best.
The “Tortuous Path” structure of these pores gives it its unique characteristics. The media within the filter element removes contaminants by a surface phenomenon known as “adsorption” which results from the molecular attraction of substances to the surface of the media. This exclusive filter also incorporates proprietary absorbing media that are impregnated into the micro-porous filter for the IONIC absorption of pollutants into the filter such as aluminum, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead, mercury, and other dangerous heavy metals.
- The Sport Berkey® Replacement Purification Element eliminates or reduces:
- Harmful microscopic pathogens: E-coli >99.99999%, Cryptosporidium, Giardia and other pathogenic bacteria.
- Toxic chemicals> 99.9%: Trihalomethanes, VOCs, detergents, pesticides, etc.
- Radiologicals: > 99.9%: Radon 222
- Heavy metals > 99.9%: Aluminum, Cadmium, Chromium, Copper, Lead, and Mercury.
- Unpleasant taste and odors, cloudiness, silt, sediment and chlorine > 99.9%.
- Sport Berkey Filter Refill Capicity: Water from any source: 160 refillls Municipal/Well Water: 640 refills
- Do not run hot water through filter