Tattler Reusable Canning Lids Regular Size
The ultimate in sustainability. Reuse these lids and rubber seals over and over. These lids are made in the USA of food grade plastic and BPA free. Good for pressure canning, water bath, and vacuum sealing. We are currently on our fourth year using these lids. This quantity price comes to $8.69 per dozen.
This is a great Holiday gift idea!
Size - Regular jars - Quantity 6 Dozen Lids and Rings
FREE SHIPPING - ships within 24 hours
TATTLER Canning Lid's proven success, as a reusable product, has earned them the distinction of widespread customer satisfaction and acceptance since their origination in 1976. The years of development of this product have brought to the home canner a jar lid that is truly reusable. In fact, the longevity of TATTLER Canning Lids presents the likelihood they will be handed down to the next generation of food preservation enthusiasts!
Properly used, with any standard Mason jar and metal screw band, these reusable lids will last a lifetime. If you ever wear this lid out, we will replace it free! Follow standard directions and procedures, for two piece canning jar lids, with any normal home canning process, and obtain excellent results.
Use standard canning processes.
No food spoilage due to acid corrosion.
F.D.A approved materials.
Use with Pressure canner or water bath (boiling water) methods.
Inspect top of jar for cracks and nicks.
Wash, rinse and sterilize jars. Scald lids and rubber rings. Leave in water until ready to use.
Fill jars as indicated per canning instructions for that food type.
Wipe top of jar after filling. Place lid and rubber ring combination on jar.
Screw band on jar loosely. Center lid on jar and hold in place with finger while tightening the metal screw band finger-tip tight. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN. Product must be allowed to vent during processing.
Process as per instructions for various foods
TIGHTEN METAL BAND FIRMLY IMMEDIATELY UPON REMOVAL FROM CANNER.
When jars have cooled, remove metal band and determine by feel if lids are securely sealed. Sealed jars may be stored without metal bands if desired.
When removing lid gently insert table knife between rubber and jar to release seal -- DO NOT USE SHARP KNIFE.
Wash plastic lids and rubber rings, rinse, dry and store for future use. Do not save any rubber ring which is cut or deformed.
- JARS WITH NICKS OR CHIPS IN TOPS WILL NOT SEAL PROPERLY.
- APPROX. 1 INCH OF HEADSPACE SHOULD BE ALLOWED FOR SUFFICIENT VACUUM.
- USING A TOWEL OR SOMETHING SIMILAR WHILE TIGHTENING METAL BAND, AFTER PROCESSING, WILL HELP PREVENT ACCIDENTAL CONTACT WITH HOT CONTENTS SHOULD SOMETHING UNFORSEEN HAPPEN.
- LEAVE METAL BAND ON PROCESSED GOODS UNTIL CONTENTS COOL COMPLETELY.
- ALLOW PROCESSED GOODS TO COOL AT ROOM TEMPERATURE FOR 12-24 HOURS.
- IF YOU LEAVE METAL BANDS ON DURING STORAGE, STORE IN DRY AREA TO PREVENT RUST.
- "TATTLER" RUBBER RINGS CAN BE REUSED IF NO DAMAGE IS VISIBLE. WE SUGGEST THEY BE TURNED OVER EACH USE. PREVIOUS PLACEMENT WILL BE EVIDENT BY SEAL RING GROOVES LEFT BY LID.
- BE CAREFUL... WHEN REMOVING PROCESSED GOODS FROM COOKER, CONTENTS ARE SCALDING HOT---HANDLE WITH CARE.
- TATTLER LIDS ARE ESPECIALLY SUITED FOR USE WITH ACID FOODS (TOMATOES, PICKLES ETC.}
- "TATTLER" LIDS USED AND STORED PROPERLY WILL OFFER YOU MANY REPEATED USES