The compact Travel Berkey® system is the perfect system for use during travel and any outdoor activities or during unexpected emergencies. This purifier is also perfect for home for one or two people. This is the size we use at home. I also got one for my mother who doesn't like the chlorine smell and taste of her city water.
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak Berkey filters are either in short supply or sold out. Please use the Contact form to confirm quantities available before ordering.FREE SHIPPING
Most Berkey products ship within 5 business days, longer during holidays or disasters.
For International Shipping Call for a Quote
The compact Travel Berkey® System is the perfect system for traveling (fits comfortably in most carry on or larger suitcases), outdoor activities, and during unexpected emergencies.
- The Berkey® stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- All Berkey Products are held to the highest standard
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 1.5 gallons
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 12" in height
- Maximum fliters: 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, stainless steel lid, spigot, and a rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 18"
- Diameter: 7.5"
- Weight: 6.13 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-3 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 33-66 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate: Configured with two Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Travel Berkey® System can produce up to 2.75 gallons (10.4 liters) of purified water per hour
- Up to two Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
Use and Care
No need for expensive disposable filters. Black Berkey® purification elements are re-cleanable. When the flow rate decreases simply brush the Black Berkey® purification elements with a ScotchBrite® pad under running water, reinstall and your system is again ready to purify water. Each durable and efficient purification element will last for up to 3,000 gallons (6,000 gallons per pair) and provide years of efficient water purification. What's more, the unique Black Berkey® purification elements are self-sterilizing.
$$ Savings Tip
Never buy bottled water again.
It is difficult to put a dollar amount on bottled water consumption and land fill fees for disposal due to different personal habits and geographical differences.
It should be obvious that you are already paying for your water from a municipal service or private well. Why pay more by buying bottled water? Berkey Filters will keep you safe and save you money.